Child care is a profession. Nannies are the professional carers of your children. It is more than a balanced meal or age appropriate games and tuition. It’s also about providing a sense of well-being, security and safety all within your home environment.
Choosing the right nanny to care for your children is very personal. You will be guided through the recruitment process by experienced professionals who will make finding your nanny as effortless as possible. We do the hard work to free up your time.
Essential Nanny will provide you with a trustworthy and confidential service. We work closely with you to ensure we will only introduce nannies who meet your needs.
Essential Nanny agency specialises in the placement of:
- Full and Part Time Nannies
- Contract and Temporary Nannies
- Mothers Help
- Tresillian Mothercraft Nurse Assistance
- Multiple Birth Nannies
- Casual Day and Evening Babysitting
- Live-In Nannies
- Corporate and Community Function Nannies.
Nannies undertake the following however not limited to:
- Daily care and supervision of babies and children including feeding, bathing and clothing
- Planning age-appropriate play and learning activities
- Organising meal and sleep times
- Planning and supervising educational and social activities in consultation with parents
- Transporting children to school, kindergarten, and medical appointments
- Preparing suitable meals for children
- Keeping tidy children’s toys, equipment, bedrooms and play areas
- Light household tasks including children’s laundry.
Depending on the age of your children and how much time is left in the day, we may be able to add a few light household tasks to the job description. We will work with you to get the balance right.
Essential Nanny Agency Service
Essential Nanny has developed thorough recruitment practices to ensure you are meeting the highest calibre of nannies in Brisbane and the Gold Coast.
Screening and Selection – During our screening processes and face to face interviews we assess and collect information to measure their suitability for your family and to ascertain if they are a suitable Essential Nanny candidate. You will only meet nannies through the agency who hold a Working with Children Blue Card, a current First Aid Certificate including CPR and who have verifiable referees.
Referral – Suitable nannies are referred to you personally, giving you the chance to ask questions about each nanny before meeting them.
Interviews – We assist you with the interview process and take and provide feedback to you after the interviews.
Assistance – We assist with Letters of Offer, Taxation, Superannuation and much more.
Follow Up – After nanny has commenced with your family we follow up with you and nanny to ensure you are happy and settled.
Continued Support – Essential Nanny is available for support at any time after nanny has commenced.
Essential Family Agency Registration
Fees and Rates – Brisbane and Gold Coast
Essential Nanny Fees are structured dependent on your needs and the type of service you require. We are very happy to give you an accurate and competitive quote during our initial conversation. We take a 25% non-refundable deposit prior to commencing the recruitment process. Please note, on all permanent roles the agency provides a guarantee period of 5 weeks. This commences the day nanny starts their job with you.
To help you budget you can expect to pay your nanny between $20- $28 per hour exclusive of superannuation. During our personalised referral, we will discuss with you the pay rate appropriate for each nanny. The rate advised will be dependent on qualifications, experience and specialist skills.
Essential Employer Information
We are more than happy to advise families on the following employer responsibilities:
- Salary, Tax and Superannuation: Including Pay Slips and PAYG payment summaries and submit PAYG tax. Nannies who work more than 30 hours a week are entitled to superannuation contributions of 9.25%
- Holiday Pay and Sick Pay Entitlements:
- Workplace and Car Insurance: We recommend you have workplace insurance that covers any employee that works in your home and also please ensure your vehicle insurance covers your nanny if they are driving a family car.
Child Care Benefit
Registered child care is care provided by grandparents, relatives, friends, or nannies that have approval as a registered carer with the Australian Government. In some cases, it can also include care provided by individuals in private preschools, kindergartens and outside school-hours services.
Child Care Benefit for registered care is paid at a standard hourly rate for up to 50 hours per child per week if:
- you (and your partner) are working, looking for work, training, or studying at some time in the week that care is provided or
- you (and your partner) have an exemption from that requirement
To claim Child Care Benefit for Registered Care you need to download the claim form and lodge with receipts within 12 months of the care being provided. Essential Nanny recommends you contact Centrelink to discuss your situation in person on 136 150.